Barriers to Accelerating Delivery
Christine Whitehead discusses barriers to accelerating housing delivery at the New Ideas for Housing: Tools for accelerating delivery, New Architecture London event.
- The uncertainties introduced by the planning negotiation process—especially viability and s106;
- The near disappearance of small and medium-sized builders from the London market;
- The potential role of Housing Zones;
- Whether the Mayor has the right powers in connection with new development;
- How the GLA and local authorities could contribute to funding;
- The case for a crisis package.
The presentation slides can be found here on our archives page.